Monday, June 8, 2015

Yellowstone part I

As indicated in the last post, I seriously have issues with planning. I've known and loved too many people who spend their life waiting for stuff that is in the end taken away from them because time passes and life changes or ends. As usual, my method of handling their ways is to do everything the exact opposite way.


So once again I test my family with my way of fuck it, lets wing it way of thinking. This first part can be used as an educational story for those who actually think my way works.


I have the coolest family in the world. They love stupid stuff and they are always up for a challenge. They also know from our history that we thrive in the times of disaster and come out stronger.


Okay, family trained. Good for me! Let's throw in a sister-in-law who has been distant always and who at best has spent a few hours with the kids in the parks. Let's say she is staying with us for the whole summer and let's say she is very, very conservative.


The things you do not do when a visitor is in your house is plan a long road trip and book a tent instead of a hotel and just ask if she wants to go, and load up the car. Oh well, mistake number one right there.


It gives me great pleasure to tell you, that on our 1 200 km (750 hamburger units) I needed a nap and let the hubby drive for 200km (abt 130 mac and cheese) had no sleep, got there and we both were tired. The sil was extremely well rested. Kids were okay and we got the tents early. Parents to beds, sil looking after the kids, dogs sleeping with us. "give us an hour, we'll be ready to move then."


you see, the thing is one expects too much. As a parent you think anyone knows not to give a kiddo a protein bar before breakfast. You expect the people around you to know how a life works and then you end up being surprised when you realize you are screwed from the 8 am wakeup until night fall.


When tired I tend to cut corners. I do my best to anticipate situations and see what is coming. I take my time explaining new stuff to the kids to make sure no nightmares are going to happen, and I feed them well to ensure a long night will be ahead.


Now, let's add an outsider to the mix, and we can see where this is going.


No, I fucking did not sleep on this trip. I spent my time explaining why someone would not know an egg wouldn't boil faster when we are in that altitude even if boiled in a geyser.




I could go on, but I think you get the picture. Not a happy camper.


I married a truly smart man. He knows how much it means to me to let the kids run around and how much I value them learning by themselves. He also is very well aware of my lack of planning getting us into situations most would see as disasters and usually he gets us free and clear of them. This time around he was jet lagged from a business trip, and the night spent awake was not helping. He ended up having the first ever verbal diarrhea attack he has had in our 10+ years together. So. I was stuck with kids and explaining to them the sil even while she is wrong in everything is an adult and they have to respect her and arguing is okay, but coming to mom and saying "mom I don't really think she is that smart" is not the way to go.


So, a hubby trying to take selfies with a bison pooping in the back, kids going insane because they are like I, are bad at taking bs (this case no bull needed, lets use a bison) and me?


I am a very lucky in so many ways. Someone called me out for being a spoiled house wife and I couldn't deny it. Seriously, sure my hobbies are rough but in the end of the day I drive off in my M and my biggest issue of the night is to get one kid out of Wikipedia and an other from making me calculate the dinosaur poop amounts made by them in a day.


A spoiled bitch in a world that needs a lot of explaining, so tired every small and huge thing done wrong is a reason for a murder. You might know where the next entry is going to end up in.

No comments:

Post a Comment